Cole in the new motorcycle helmet my dad gotto take the kids on a ride..They have never been Lex's turn..It was hard to fit over her fishtail braid We got it..I think she felt squished. Huntie's trun. mommy got distracted from cleaning by guitar hero..It iw fun..but I don't have the time to practice..
Sorry it took so long to get back to your question...!Our doctor had told us about the shot, and recommended it HIGHLY and I did question it becuase we do teach abstinence before marriage. Our doctor said that it is a myth that you won't get (possibly) cervical cancer even if you do wait, and only have one partner. She said that both men & women carry the "virus" that can potentially cause the cervical cancer...only it obviously only affects women since men can't get it. They can still carry the "bug". (I can't actually remember what she called this). Anyhow, I questioned in great detail because I am really not in favor of all the "extra" shots that you can potentially get, cervical cancer does show up in our family. She said that even if you go out of the US, and for some reason need blood, the rest of the world doesn't carry the same standards for checking blood before it's given to someone and you can get it through a bad blood transfusion. I talked it over with Craig & my Mother and really prayed about it. We decided that since the cervical cancer does show up in our family it wouldn't hurt for our girls & hopefully someday our son to get the vaccine. I won't actually get back to the doctor until October so I won't be able to get any documentation for you. I do however feel that it is a worthy shot. The thing with girls is that they need to get all 3 doses of it to protect them BEFORE they become sexually active, becuase once that happens the germs mix and that is what triggers it IF it is going to happen. Since you can obviously never predict the scary moments that hopefully will NEVER come to your child, we did decide to give it to her. She really doesn't appreciate the shot as the serum is a little thicker than a regular vaccine and stings slightly, she is 1 dose from being done!!!! Yeah! I hope this answers your question.
2 comments:
Cool helmet! How scary...motorcycle rides!!! It sounds like you all are having a great time. Love you
Sorry it took so long to get back to your question...!Our doctor had told us about the shot, and recommended it HIGHLY and I did question it becuase we do teach abstinence before marriage. Our doctor said that it is a myth that you won't get (possibly) cervical cancer even if you do wait, and only have one partner. She said that both men & women carry the "virus" that can potentially cause the cervical cancer...only it obviously only affects women since men can't get it. They can still carry the "bug". (I can't actually remember what she called this). Anyhow, I questioned in great detail because I am really not in favor of all the "extra" shots that you can potentially get, cervical cancer does show up in our family. She said that even if you go out of the US, and for some reason need blood, the rest of the world doesn't carry the same standards for checking blood before it's given to someone and you can get it through a bad blood transfusion. I talked it over with Craig & my Mother and really prayed about it. We decided that since the cervical cancer does show up in our family it wouldn't hurt for our girls & hopefully someday our son to get the vaccine. I won't actually get back to the doctor until October so I won't be able to get any documentation for you. I do however feel that it is a worthy shot. The thing with girls is that they need to get all 3 doses of it to protect them BEFORE they become sexually active, becuase once that happens the germs mix and that is what triggers it IF it is going to happen. Since you can obviously never predict the scary moments that hopefully will NEVER come to your child, we did decide to give it to her. She really doesn't appreciate the shot as the serum is a little thicker than a regular vaccine and stings slightly, she is 1 dose from being done!!!! Yeah! I hope this answers your question.
Post a Comment